Courses and resources
Health and Safety: Event Management
Health, Safety, Fire and Environment
About this course:
This course is to establish a consistent and effective approach to event management at the University and enable the University to promote itself through safe, successful and well-organised events.
As a result of attending this course, you will be able to:.
- Plan an event.
- Complete event specific risk assessments.
- Complete an emergency plan (procedures).
- Check competency, suitability and insurance of contractors.
- Ensure everyone involved in an event is made aware of and has access to the risk assessments, emergency procedure, and any restrictions.
Who should attend this course:
- This course is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for staff that are either employed specifically to organise events, e.g Event Exeter, or are required to organise events as part of a wider role.
- This course is also appropriate for managers of staff that organise events.
Rhian Loosemore (Health & Safety Advisor)
Before the course:
Delegates may like to read the University's Safety Policy and review the Event Management safety standards and supporting documentation prior to the training: https://universityofexeteruk.sharepoint.com/sites/HealthandSafetyHub/SitePages/Event-Management-Standard.aspx
Additional resources can be found here: https://universityofexeteruk.sharepoint.com/sites/HealthandSafetyHub/SitePages/Event-Management-Standard.aspx
This course is administered by People Development; please contact email@example.com for more details.
|This course occurs on the following dates||