Courses and resources
Bitesize Learning: Interview Skills and Techniques
Developing Yourself and Your Career
About this course:
This session will provide you with the latest advice on preparing for an interview in the Higher Education sector.
It will demonstrate how we recruit for staff at the University and ways to effectively prepare for different interview questions.
There will also be a chance to practice using a new online mock interview tool.
Although this course is aimed at progressing with your career in Higher Education, the techniques discussed will have relevance to other sectors.
This session will be delivered online - please continue to sign up for course dates below using the button at the bottom of the page.
Two weeks prior to the session you will be sent a calendar invitation including the link to the webinar (usually a Teams meeting).
If you have booked a place and have not received an invitation that includes the webinar link within 24 hours of the course start date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a result of attending this course, you will be able to:.
- Describe the processes recruiters use to interview candidates for jobs.
- Prepare for an interview in the Higher Education sector.
- Explain the different types of interview questions you may be asked, such as opening questions, competency based and knowledge based.
- Explain various techniques and tips to construct a good interview answer.
- Use the online mock interview tool to practice interview questions.
Who should attend this course:
This session is open to all staff.
All University of Exeter staff can book onto this session however the session will only be running in Streatham.
Rachel Brewer, People Development.
This course is administered by People Development; please contact email@example.com for more details.
Please add yourself to the waiting list and we will contact you once dates are available.