Courses and resources
Me as Manager - My Communication (Centre 4 Learning)
Leadership & Management
About this course:
This is a highly interactive course which focuses on how to communicate effectively in line with the Exeter values.
Participants will practise the core skills that underpin effective communication: powerful questioning, focused listening and confidently sharing your message.
By the end of the session you will (be able to):.
- Clarify what constitutes effective communication - how to recognise it and how to demonstrate it.
- Build trust, explore the trust equation and develop an action plan for maximising trust.
- Practice the key skills of listening, questioning and showing empathy.
- Examine a real-life situation that has been challenging and to construct and practice a more assertive approach to achieving your outcome.
- Build credibility, assertiveness and confidence.
Who should attend this course:
This course is aimed at managers who are following either Pathway 1 (Essentials) or Pathway 2 (Practitioner) within our People Management Development programmes.
Delegates will be looking to grow their management skills.
You may be new to a management role, or have a few years of experience but with limited formal training.
Before the course:
Delegates will be provided with pre-reading and/or activities prior to the session.
Anne Fogarty, Senior Consultant, Centre 4 Learning.
This course is administered by People Development; please contact email@example.com if you require further details.
Duration: 3 hours.
|This course occurs on the following dates||