Courses and resources
Academic Tutoring - Introduction to Academic Personal Tutoring
Education and Research Academic Development
About this course:
This workshop is offered to all staff responsible for tutoring students and will include the following themes:.
- An introduction for academic/personal tutors who are new to role.
- An overview of tutoring at Exeter - The key responsibilities of tutors - Consideration of the types of questions your students may ask - Resources to support your tutoring practice - Using the Academic Personal Tutoring Hub.
This workshop can be requested on a College-wide or discipline-specific basis, depending on numbers.
This means that the workshop can be tailored to include the elements most relevant to Tutors in those areas.
The Intended Learning Outcome of the workshop may vary based on request, but typically as a result of attending you will able to:.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of Academic/Personal Tutor and Senior Tutor.
- Apply listening and questioning techniques to practice, further supporting student wellness and development.
- Set up your Academic Personal Tutoring Hub to record and support tutor meetings.
- Identify strategies for signposting and/or supporting students with wellbeing issues (according to your role).
- Review and select appropriate themes and resources to support your tutoring practice.
Who should attend this course:
New and existing academic staff.
Dr Karen Kenny (Academic Developer)
Before the course:
Please ensure that you have created your tutoring Team.
Participants should visit the Academic Personal Tutoring Hub for up to date guidance on setting up the Team and getting started in the Class Notebook associated with that Team.
Resources for this workshop are available through the Education Toolkit https://universityofexeteruk.sharepoint.com/sites/EducationToolkit
This course is administered by Academic Development; please contact email@example.com for queries or to request a session for Tutors in your College or discipline.
|This course occurs on the following dates||