Exams and assessments
Exams and assessments
All Student Services remain open and available to support you as you prepare for exams and assessments.
Find guidance on academic skills, including revision, exams, and dissertations, from:
- Study Zone (Exeter)
- ASK (Penryn)
Study Zone is working closely with other University services to ensure you have all the information you need about this year's exams and assessments.
- January 2023 assessments will take place online and on-campus. For more information about exams, please visit these webpages.
- FAQs - exams, assessments, progression and awarding.
Guidance on exams and revision
- Exams and revision guidance - practical guidance, including a range of revision strategies
- Guide to open-book exams - including how to approach remote open-book exams
Mental preparation for exams
- Busting exam stress - practical advice, guidance and techniques to help tackle exam stress
- Get to bed and get some sleep! - information on the sleep process, sleep myth-busting, and practical advice and exercises to help promote better sleep
- I've got to be perfect! - practical and evidence-based advice and techniques for anyone who feels that perfectionism is impacting negatively on their life
- Anxiety busting - thought challenging - techniques to help tackle anxiety
- How to just DO IT! - practical advice and techniques on how to deal with procrastination when feeling overwhelmed
- How to tame your bully mind using mindfulness and other strategies - even if we know that what we are feeling is based on ‘false’ or ‘irrational’ ideas that our mind has generated, we can react to situations without giving them any conscious consideration. This webinar explores how mindfulness can help us get a different perspective and gain more control.
Taking care of your wellbeing
The Wellbeing Team has a suite of resources to help you to take care of your wellbeing. These include books and e-books, audio resources, apps, and online self-help workbooks.
Apps and websites
- Silvercloud offers secure, immediate access to online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy programmes, tailored to your specific needs.
- Sleepio helps you to explore why you may be having difficulties with sleep, and to learn ways to improve your sleep.
All students should refer to the University's student handbook for exams.
Further technical guidance: