The Career Zone offers a range of appointment types.
Some appointments you can book via Handshake. Ensure you select the correct campus and college before booking.
- Placement support – for students where a work placement is part of a credit bearing module. To help you find and apply for a placement or for other advice in relation to your work placement.
- Business School students – see guidance (link to be added)
- Mock Interviews and Recruiter in Residence appointments are available at certain times during the year, usually in Autumn.
Other appointments need to be booked by contacting the Career Zone. You can do this by contacting us between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday:
- Clicking on the chat icon on this page
- Call us on 01392 724493
Appointment Types we offer include:
- CV / covering letter check for graduate jobs or casual/term time jobs.
- LinkedIn profile review.
- Application Form check – employment or postgraduate.
- Careers Advice appointments – to help find jobs, prepare for interviews and assessment centres.
- Careers Guidance appointments – to discuss careers options, career research, postgraduate study options.
- Study Abroad – for advice in relation to study abroad.
Appointments usually take place via Microsoft Teams for current students and via Zoom for graduates. Please see the guidance below regarding attending online appointments.
Unfortunately INTO students are unable to access 1:1 careers appointments.
Attending Online Appointments
However your online appointment takes place
- Well before the start time of the appointment, ensure you have the correct application downloaded for your appointment and installed on your PC/Mac/device, i.e. the Microsoft Teams app or Zoom app depending on which platform your appointment is taking place via (more information in the next section).
- If the consultant or advisor has requested any information from you before your appointment, please ensure you have provided this as requested. You will usually be asked to upload documents to Handshake.
- Ensure you are situated in a quiet, private and safe location where you are able to speak.
- Ensure you are prepared with a pen and paper to take notes during the appointment.
When the appointment is due to start the staff member you are booked in with will contact you via Microsoft Teams. You therefore need to ensure that Teams app is installed on your device and you are logged into your student Microsoft Teams and ready to receive their call. New to Teams? Help Installing Teams. Teams FAQs
You will receive a link for the meeting when your appointment is booked. You will need Zoom to be installed on your device. You can find the Zoom link if you view the upcoming appointments in Handshake - https://exeter.joinhandshake.co.uk/appointments open the relevant appointment and link should be in left hand column in the WHERE section.