About Information Governance
Information is one of the University's key assets. Large volumes of information are created and used every day. Information Governance is the discipline concerned with ensuring the University can efficiently, securely and compliantly leverage that information.
The Information Governance Team has responsibility for implementing the Information Governance framework to ensure we maintain the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability to University information as well as compliance with relevant legislation including:
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),
- The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA2018),
- The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
We can provide advice and guidance on Information related topics including, but not limited to:
- Compliance with legislation,
- Information Security,
- Data Breach management,
- Privacy by design,
- Information Management,
- Records Management,
- Information Risk Management,
- Information and Data Sharing,
- Information Asset Management.
The Information Governance Team is supported across the University by a network of Data Protection Champions.