Setup Guides for using Office 365 email on Mobile devices
Which email app should I use on mobile devices?
- You can access your email through iExeter
- You can access your email through a web browser by visiting https://outlook.office365.com
- You can download the dedicated Outlook app, which is available on Android and iOS phones and tablets. Visit our Digital Hub guide for download links and setup instructions.
- You can also use Apple Mail or Android apps:
Securing your device
You should create a device passcode/PIN in your device's Settings to protect access to University data. For more information please see Security tips for users of mobile devices.
Be aware that if you are using your phone or tablet for University business you are fully responsible for ensuring the security of that information, and you may be in breach of University policy if you do not take suitable precautions.
Settings for other applications and devices
This guide give the general settings required to set up your University of Exeter Office 365 email account on any mobile device or client not covered in detail above.
We cannot offer specific instructions for all of the devices in use, but these are the settings your device should need:
- Server Address – outlook.office365.com
- Domain – leave blank
- Username – your full @exeter.ac.uk email address
- Password – your usual University of Exeter password
- Please ensure that SSL encryption is selected (if the option is available).