If you need helps please contact Exeter IT
Press the ‘Windows-Flag’ key and the ‘Pause/Break’ key on your keyboard together.
Look for the information listed under ‘Computer Name, domain and workgroup settings’. PC Name is listed as ‘Computer name:’
Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Sign
Adobe Acrobat Professional is the software that allows you to create and edit PDF (Portable Document Format) documents.
Acrobat Professional offers advanced methods of creating and amending high-quality documents to a professional standard. High-resolution PDF documents give detailed control over the appearance of graphics and text, for output as paper or online documents.
- University-owned computers:
- Perpetual Licences - £131 exVAT per install. To be installed on a single computer but available for anyone on that computer to use. Please raise an IT Service Desk Request via https://www.exeter.ac.uk/ITServiceDesk
- Adobe Acrobat Subscriptions - £116 exVAT per user subscription per year. Can be installed on multiple computers but can only be used by the single subscription holder. Please raise an IT Service Desk Request via https://www.exeter.ac.uk/ITServiceDesk
- Privately-owned computers for University staff or PG-research staff: Available as a subscription only - £116 exVAT per user subscription per year. Can be installed on multiple computers but can only be used by the single subscription holder. Please raise an IT Service Desk Request via https://www.exeter.ac.uk/ITServiceDesk
- Privately-owned computers for undergraduates: Sorry - not availalble through the University.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Acrobat Pro is also available through an Adobe Cloud subscription. If you also require additional packages from Adobe such as Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign, a full Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, including Acrobat Pro may be better value than purchasing a standalone Adobe Acrobat licence. Creative Cloud licences are on 12 month subscriptions. Full details of how to purchase an Adobe Creative Cloud licence can be found here. The Adobe Subscription license for these products allows you to install the packages on up to 2 devices per license, as long as you are the primary user for both machines and that they are not used concurrently.
Adobe Sign is only available through the Cloud Subscription version of Adobe Acrobat and is NOT included in the standalone version. Adobe Sign with Adobe Acrobat Document Cloud version includes up to 150 documents to sign per year. Additional capacity can be purchased if needed. For more information, please raise an IT Service Desk Request via https://www.exeter.ac.uk/ITServiceDesk.
Microsoft Office files can be saved in PDF format by sending the files to the printer 'PDFCreator'.