Researcher Leadership Development Programme
A dedicated training programme for researchers interested in leadership development.
This programme is designed to help you explore, understand and develop your leadership. Each of the workshops within the 12 week programme will support you in making meaningful progress in your sense of who you are, and what you do as a leader.
Through the course of the programme we will use the online Resilient Leaders Development Programme to provide you with a professional, personal tool to work on the aspects of leadership most relevant to you.
The workshops are run via Zoom and within a group setting to provide a sense of shared purpose, a variety of experience and perspective, and a culture of peer support.
As a result of attending this course, you will:
- feel confident in who you are and what you do as a leader
- understand what takes you from pressure to stress, and how to rebalance
- manage uncertainty, see opportunities and maintain perspective in a variety of contexts
Who should attend this course?
This course is for:
- Early Career Researchers/Post Docs.
- Postgraduate Researchers who are in their second or third year or part-time equivalent.
Dr Chris Russell is an experienced trainer and facilitator with a passion for researcher development. He has spent over a decade working in development with academics around the world; delivering content for researchers on themes such as leadership, collaboration and resilience.
Please note before Applying:
- You are required to complete the lite version of the Resilient Leaders Development Programme and include your result on your application form: https://lite.resilientleaderselements.com/. This takes less than 10 minutes to complete. Your result will not be used for selection purposes.
- Ensure you can commit to the whole programme: The programme will run, via Zoom, on Thursday mornings, with the core workshops running for 12 weeks from 15th April until 1st July (10:00-13:00).
This course is administered by Researcher Development; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
To apply for the Researcher Leadership Development Programme, you will need to complete and return the below form. Please note all sections of the form need to be completed before submitting including the referee section- incomplete forms will not be put forward for selection.
Deadline to apply: Thursday 4th March 2021 (12 noon GMT)