For more information about the Exeter Award, please click here.
Meets the three competency areas of the Entrecomp Framework.
The Exeter Leaders Award aligns with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Exeter Leaders Award
The Exeter Leaders Award
The Exeter Leaders Award is for students who are keen to develop their leadership skills. It will help you reflect on your leadership style and techniques, and set clear, achievable goals for self-development.
Leadership and Achievement
The Exeter Leaders Award is an extracurricular award that recognises leadership roles you've undertaken during your time at the University of Exeter. It also provides a framework to help you develop as a leader. To achieve the Leaders Award you must:
- complete the Exeter Award;
- demonstrate leadership skills and attributes via a designated leadership role whilst a student at Exeter, this cannot be associated with a Module;
- attend a programme of leadership development workshops;
- complete a reflective application form;
- deliver a presentation to a panel showing how you've developed as a leader.
Completing The Exeter Award is a pre-requisite for registering for the Exeter Leaders Award. However, there is nothing to stop you attending Leaders Award activities in readiness – they will then show as completed in your Leaders Award profile when you register. See our FAQs for more information.
Find out more about getting started and have a look at the Leaders Award structure for more information on the activities needed to complete the award.
The only pre-requisite for taking part in the Exeter Leaders Award is that you have completed The Exeter Award.
If you have finished your Exeter Award, follow these simple steps to get started:
- Log into your Leaders Award profile in My Career Zone.
- From your homepage you will then be able to access the online application form - this is the first stage of your Leaders Award.
- Use the Leaders Award checklist to find which activities you need to do next.
- Book into activities and bring your student card to each session. You can see what activities make up the award below.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with the Exeter Award team by asking a question in My Career Zone.
|1||Demonstrate a Leadership Activity.|
Attend the following skills sessions:
Attend at least two out of the following (only one online ELE course will be counted):
If you have participated in a course or workshop for any of these sessions outside of the Career Zone and as an extra-curricular activity, you can submit this to be reviewed using the 'Alternative Learning Activity' form.
Complete an online application form to describe and reflect your leadership role - access through your Leaders Award profile on My Career Zone.
We do not have a minimum word count for this task, but you should be prepared to go into detail about your leadership activity. Treat this as if it were part of the job application process and give clear, detailed answers, demonstrating a depth of understanding and reflection.
|5||Plan, prepare and deliver a presentation. You will be able to view upcoming presentation dates and book a slot once your application is approved.|