Information for Graduation Volunteers
Many thanks for your interest in assisting at Graduation. We rely on the help of our volunteers to ensure the smooth running of our ceremonies, and so your assistance is greatly appreciated. Please see below for information regarding volunteering at the ceremonies.
An email will be sent to all Professional Services staff prior to Graduation asking for volunteers for the ceremonies. This email will contain a link to the online registration survey.
During registration, you will be asked to specify any preferences you have regarding roles for the ceremony. We will try to take any preferences into consideration, but we cannot guarantee that any particular role will be available. The roles available for volunteers include the following:
- Front Marshals and Back Marshals - helping students find their seats and showing students where to go during the ceremony itself.
- Stair Marshals - manning the stairs on either side of the stage
- Main Hall/Balcony Door Monitors - checking guest tickets and helping guests find their seats
- Graduand door monitors - helping students enter the hall quickly and find their seats
- Certificate table - handing certificates to students as they leave the stage
- Programme selling - selling brochures to guests
- Foyer support - providing information and directions in the communal areas/foyer
Once the roles have been allocated prior to the ceremonies, comprehensive briefing notes will be sent to all volunteers giving detailed information about the ceremony.
There will be a volunteer briefing for all volunteers prior to the ceremonies. Details of this briefing will be sent out by email in due course.