Work with us
Work with us
Be part of the latest innovations in structural engineering
Our reputation is underpinned by our major research grants and consistent appearances in prestigious international journals.
You can be involved in developing new standards for vibration serviceability by collaborating with us in a number of ways:
Our spin-out company, Full Scale Dynamics Ltd, has over 25 years’ experience in vibration serviceability, including:
- Performing in-situ dynamic testing and long-term vibration monitoring of as-built structures
- Simulating a range of design scenarios for structures including bridges, floors, staircases and grandstands, to predict vibration levels before construction
- Checking the performance of structures using the latest design guidance documents and British Standards
- Customising strategies and systems to create a bespoke vibration solution that works for you.
Our core capabilities are underpinned by an innovative, solution-led approach to research and testing. Our specialisms include:
- Vibration control of structures
- Structural health monitoring
- Vibration serviceability of civil structures under human dynamic loads
- Human motion and biomechanics
We are always interested in collaborating with industrial partners. If you have an idea for a research project, please contact one of us directly to discuss this further.
Contribute to industry-leading research and recruit the best employees at the same time:
- You can offer funding and we will find an excellent PhD candidate
- Or sponsor one of your own employees to develop their knowledge and skills by studying for a PhD with VES.
- If you have a structure in need of testing, you can offer this as a project for one of our postgraduate researchers to undertake as part of their PhD.
- We are always eager to hear from companies interested in hosting a PhD student for a period of industrial experience.
Access industry training and networking opportunities
Professor Aleksandar Pavic and Professor Paul Reynolds run two continuing professional development (CPD) courses on vibrations theory and vibration serviceability, in association with the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE).
The courses are designed for civil and structural engineers dealing with problems of building and structural vibration, specifically relating to buildings, footbridges, and stadia.