Applications for up to £1000 are invited as part of the Translational Research Exchange at Exeter (TREE) Public Engagement with Research funding scheme. This scheme enables University of Exeter researchers and professional services staff working in health research to undertake high quality public engagement.
We welcome applications from University of Exeter researchers (including PhD students) or professional services staff working in the field of health research. This funding scheme is for applications between £500 and £1000. There is flexibility in this funding whereby applications over £1000 may be considered in exceptional circumstances but this would need to be discussed in advance.
What are we looking for?
There is no strict criteria for the types of public engagement activities we will fund. We are open to creative and novel ideas for public engagement. Example activities could be:
- Development of partnerships and collaborations with non-academic, non-commercial partners (for example patient groups, charities, artists, schools or clinicians)
- Try out novel and creative ways to engage non-academic, non-commercial audiences with health research
- Research proposal workshops, aimed at co-creating research questions
When assessing applications we will be looking at these key things:
- Is there evidence of pre-existing collaboration with the non-academic non-commercial partner you propose to work with?
- Does the proposed activity have potential impact beyond the activity itself? How will you how measure impact?
- Are the plans realistic and feasible within the proposed timeline?
- Are the costs justified?
When can I apply?
Applications can be submitted at any time; this is a rolling scheme until December 2021. We aim to return a decision to applicants within 3 weeks of submission.
Please read the Public Engagement with Research Funding Scheme Guidance.
How to apply
Download and complete the application form below:
To apply for this funding scheme, the application form should be submitted to TREE Communities Engagement Manager, Katharine Fitzpatrick, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information and queries
If you require any further information please contact Katharine Fitzpatrick email@example.com .