The Alumnae Group (female graduates)
Engaging, inspiring and supporting female graduates.
Founded by a group of Exeter alumnae in London, the Alumnae Group or Exe-X helps tackle the specific challenges facing women in their careers. Through our events and activities we encourage alumnae to support each other in personal and professional development and we help involve alumnae in the life of the University.
All female Exeter graduates are invited to be a part of the Alumnae Group and are warmly welcomed to all of our events, as are female students and university staff.
Since its launch with the first Women & Leadership Reception back in 2011, the group has run regular networking and education events. Speakers and event organisers are usually alumnae and the Exeter connection makes for an instant bond when attending events!
The initial goals of the group are to:
- encourage a lifelong relationship between alumnae and the University
- create opportunities for increasing alumnae involvement with the University
- support alumnae in professional development and networking
The group is made up of key alumnae volunteers and supported by the alumni office in the University. Why not join the Alumnae Group on LinkedIn to keep updated on the events and materials available to you? There are also regular discussion threads and we would welcome more participants of all ages and life stages.
- Elizabeth Butler, Mathematics 1982
- Penelope Crouch (née Curtis), Law 1978
- Deborah Hallett (née Porter), Chair, Dip Leadership 2002
- Gillian Reeves, BA Politics 2004
- Jessica Pryce-Jones, Classics 1983
- Virginia Stuart-Taylor, Modern Languages 2012
- Clare Vigar (née Hicks), LLB Law 2005
- Lizzie Lucas, English 2014
- Grace Santos-Murphy, Economics 2013
If you are interested in getting more involved in the group or you would like to find out more information, please contact Helen Crowther, Alumni Networks and Groups Officer, at H.Crowther@exeter.ac.uk or on 01392 726349.