MA Classics and Ancient History : Ancient Philosophy, Science & Medicine
Ancient philosophy and science continue to inspire and shape contemporary ideas in a large number of areas, including epistemology, ethics and wellbeing. Our research has two main poles of interest. In the first place, we are interested in philosophical discussions about scientific knowledge and methodology, with particular reference to Plato, Aristotle and the Stoics. A second area of research interest concerns Hellenistic and Roman medicine with a particular focus on its connections to ancient culture, philosophy and intellectual life.
View our Classics and Ancient History staff profiles page.
- Healthcare and wellbeing
- Sexual knowledge, Sexual history
- The impact of Greek food on Roman diet
Indicative list of modules
- Ancient Drama in its Social and Intellectual Context
- Ancient Philosophy: Truth and Ancient Thought
- Food and Culture: Ancient and Modern
- Roman Myth