PGCert Psychological Therapies Practice (Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
|Duration||Part time 9 months|
|Start date||September or January|
Are you interested in a career as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner? Would you like to develop your clinical competency in the low intensity cognitive behavioural therapy clinical method? Would you like to have an understanding of ways to adapt your practice to accommodate diversity and increase access to evidence-based psychological therapies? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’ then this may be the programme for you. This programme will provide you with an outstanding opportunity to develop the competencies and knowledge associated with practice as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner. A strong emphasis throughout the programme is placed upon your personal and professional development. Advantages of the programme are that:
- You will study within a vibrant, stimulating and internationally-recognised research environment, where members of your teaching team have first-hand experience within the clinical setting.
- Your learning experience will be enriched by nationally-recognised, innovative, clinical teaching approaches, designed to develop you on your terms.
The aims of the PGCert Psychological Therapies Practice (Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) are to:
- Provide you with a thorough grounding in the Department of Health curriculum for Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners working within the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Programme.
- Develop your understanding and clinical competency in the low intensity CBT clinical method and enable you to adapt your practice to work effectively with patients with diverse needs.
- Provide you with the foundations to establish a commitment to continuing professional development and becoming an evidence-based practitioner.
- Provide you with a high quality and stimulating learning experience in a supportive environment that is enriched by an internationally-recognised research environment, nationally-recognised innovative clinical teaching approaches and current clinical practice.
Find out more about the PGCert Psychological Therapies Practice (Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) programme.