Sport and Health Sciences
- 2nd for Sports Science in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- 4th for Sports Science in the Complete University Guide 2017
- 3rd in the UK for research
- 5th in the UK for Sports Science in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- Named The Times and The Sunday Times Sports University of the Year for 2015-16
- 8th for Sports Science in the National Student Survey 2016
- Research expertise spans the full range of disciplines in sport, health and exercise sciences
- Internationally recognised, prize-winning Children’s Health and Exercise Research Centre
- State-of-the-art teaching and research facilities including modern laboratories for biomechanics, physiology, psychology and social sciences
- One of the UK’s top sporting universities, consistently top 15 in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) championships
Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter has an excellent international reputation for its teaching and research and is consistently ranked as one of the UK’s top sport science departments.
Ranked 3rd in the UK for research^, all of our teaching staff are active researchers and their work informs public policy on exercise and health. For example, we provide scientific support and consultancy services to national and international athletes and teams, including the Rugby Football Union, England and Wales Cricket Board and the Football Association..
As a postgraduate student you will be welcomed into a friendly, intellectually stimulating and highly supportive learning environment. You will benefit from programmes enhanced by the current research of our academic staff who collaborate with industry, national and international organisations and professional athletes to advance knowledge within the discipline.
Many of our students represent the University in their chosen sport and a number have achieved regional, national and international sporting success. We have an excellent Sports Scholarship Scheme and sports scholars succeed academically whilst also pursuing their sporting careers.
After I started my MSc, everything proved that my original choice to study at the University of Exeter was a wise decision: the incredibly beautiful campus, the convenient and comfortable accommodation, the state of the art study facilities, the professional and friendly staff and the reputation for excellence in research. Exeter is the exactly right place for me to do the MSc and I really enjoy my study and life at Exeter.
Xheng Pisi, MSc Sport and Health Sciences
^Times Higher Education, REF 2014: subject ranking on intensity-weighted GPA