Sport and Health Sciences
- 13th in the world for Sports-related subjects
- 1st for Sports Science in Complete University Guide 2018 and 4th for Sports Science in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- 3rd in the UK for research
- State-of-the-art teaching and research facilities including modern laboratories for biomechanics, physiology, psychology and social sciences
- One of the UK’s top sporting universities, consistently top 15 in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) championships
As a postgraduate student you will be welcomed into a friendly, intellectually stimulating and highly supportive learning environment. You will benefit from programmes enhanced by the current research of our academic staff who collaborate with industry, clinical populations, national and international organisations and professional athletes to advance knowledge within the discipline.
Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter consistently ranks as one of the UK’s top sport science departments and maintains an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research, as well as an exceptional track record for student satisfaction.
Recognised for world-leading and internationally excellent research across the discipline (Research Exercise Framework, 2014), all of our teaching staff are active researchers and their work informs public policy on exercise and health. We also provide scientific support and consultancy services to national and international athletes and teams, including the Rugby Football Union, England and Wales Cricket Board and the Football Association.
Many of our students represent the University in their chosen sport and a number have achieved regional, national and international sporting success. We have an excellent Sports Scholarship Scheme and sports scholars succeed academically whilst also pursuing their sporting careers.
^Times Higher Education, REF 2014: subject ranking on intensity-weighted GPA