Exeter alumna shortlisted for Entrepreneurial Award
Han Wang (MSc Finance and Management, 2004), Co-founder and CFO at Asien Credit Company Ltd, has been shortlisted as a finalist in the entrepreneurial awards category of the British Council UK Alumni Awards 2019-20 in China.
Han said: “I am honoured to be receiving this award. This is honoring University of Exeter as much as it is me. My deepest thanks to my Alma Mater for your cultivation and encouragement.
“I am proud to have combined finance and technology which I have been interested in, and brought innovative solutions through a fintech start-up. I do not think it demonstrates that I have achieved a high level of accomplishment, but the new starting point in the way of innovation, and I will keep going ahead toward the vision.”
The award recognises alumni from UK institutions who are active in initiating or contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities that have the potential for strong growth. The winner will be announced at an awards ceremony in Beijing on Saturday, 7 December.
The following members of staff joined Han on 7 December to celebrate her nomination. While unfortunately she wasn't successful, it was still a great achievement to be shortlisted.
- Prof Tim Quine (Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Education
- Prof Gavin Shaddick (Chair of Data Science & Statistics)
- Dr Li Li (Associate Professor in Language Education and Director of MEd in TESOL)
- Richard Foord (Deputy Head of Global Partnerships)
- Limin Dai (Senior Business Development Manager, China Office – Shanghai)
- Nicole Wu Business Development Manager, China Office – Beijing)
- Harry Zhang (Senior Project Manager, China Office – Beijing)
Date: 27 November 2019