General Social Mobility Support
Below is a selection of organisations that offer support and advice as well as job and internship opportunities to help with social mobility.
- Bright Network– provides careers advice and networking opportunities along with jobs and internships.
- Career Ready – Help connect young people with the world of work, providing workplace experience, career insights and a network of support.
- Citizens Advice (CAB) - Citizens Advice provides free, confidential and independent advice to help people overcome their problems.
- Fredericks Foundation - Fredericks is a Responsible Finance Provider that provides loans to people who want to set up a new business or maintain or expand an existing business. Fredericks is open to anyone who has a viable business proposition but cannot obtain mainstream finance. Fredericks operates across England and Wales with a support team on hand to help and guide applicants all the way through the process. The support continues even after the applicant has been successful in the form of mentoring, practical business advice, networking and links within the local community that can help support and grow new and expanding businesses.
- Impetus – Supports young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to help give them the right support to succeed in work and life.
- Prince’s Trust – develop skills and confidence to get into work, for people between 16 and 25
- Sanctuary Graduates – graduate recruitment service.
- TG Consulting - specialise in social mobility, student engagement, employability, and diversity and inclusion.
- The Social Mobility Foundation - is a charity which aims to make a practical improvement in social mobility for young people.