This includes Veterans, or students whose parent(s), carer(s), or partner are current or former UK Armed Forces personnel. Below you will find various areas of support and opportunities worth looking into:
- The Armed Forces Covenant also supports the families of UK Armed Forces personnel – find out more about how they do this on the Armed Forces Covenant website.
- If your parent or carer is in the Army, more information is available from the Army Families Federation (AFF) website.
- For students with a parent or carer in the Navy, the Naval Families Federation (NFF) website provides information and advice.
- If your parent or carer is in the Royal Air Force, the Royal Air Force Families Federation (RAF FF) website offers more information.
- SSAFA - Armed Forces Charity – provide help and support for UK military, veterans and their families.
- VETS- are a great service made up of a number of employer partners. They run events, offer advice and provide a mentoring service. They are in the process of expanding their service to support military partners and spouses.
- Support services for military and defence personnel and their families - Government website around various support services on offer.
- The Armed Forces Bereavement Scholarship Scheme (AFBSS) provides higher and further education scholarships for service children who have been bereaved.
- The Service Children’s Progression Alliance (SCiP Alliance) website has information and advice for students from Armed Forces families. Their 'making the most of my assets' worksheet and personal statement guide both have great tips for writing your personal statement.
- Career Transition Partnership - provides resettlement careers support services for those leaving the Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force and Marines, regardless of time served.
- CTP- recently launched their Partner Career Support Programme, which again provides indivudalised careers support for partners and spouses of those in the military. The CTP website in general has some fantastic resources such as sector guides and CV writing tools, specifically aimed at those serving and veterans but could still be very useful for families.
- Forces Families Jobs - offer training and employment for family members of currently serving UK military personnel.
- RFEA- a charity who support veterans and their families to find employment opportunities. A lot of other orgnaisations refer to this service. They have a dedicated families programme, whereby the individual is assigned an advisor to help and support their career journey.
- The List UK – Job seeking and business network for serving and veteran UK Forces.