*Update from the Internships Team*
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation the Internships Team are currently working with employers to ask that for the foreseeable future, all new and existing internships are conducted remotely i.e. working from home. If you would like to get in touch with the team, we are now working remotely, undertaking normal working office hours, Monday-Friday, 9am -5pm, so please use email email@example.com as the first point of contact as phone lines will not be answered. If your enquiry is urgent please highlight this in the subject bar of your email and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
University of Exeter internship schemes
- Paid employment opportunities reserved for UoE students and graduates, at the beginning of your career.
- Responsibilities where you can support or lead a project, process or people.
- The opportunity to apply and develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
- Training and support from understanding employers
- Valuable experience to aid your career development.
Below is an overview of the internship schemes managed by the University of Exeter. We promote equal opportunities in all internship recruitment:
- Student Campus Partnerships (SCP) are student internships working for the University of Exeter.
- Student Business Partnerships (SBPs) are student internships working for local businesses.
- Graduate Business Partnerships (GBPs) offer challenging roles to start your graduate career at the University or with businesses across the South West.
- Access to Internships (A2I) is a scheme to help Exeter students to secure a paid internship using information, support and funding provided by the Career Zone.
- Professional Pathways is a programme open to current Exeter students and involves a sector specific training course, followed by a paid 35 hour internship in June.
Most large graduate recruiters offer summer internships to undergraduates, usually to students in their penultimate year. Closing dates for applications tend to be very early in early December so it's vital to apply early.
National Internship programmes:
You can research key UK employers by sector and location by using employer directories. Once found you will need to see if thye are advertsing vacancies on their websites:
Internships in the South West:
We source vacancies for Exeter students and graduates through:
- Student Campus Partnership scheme (SCP)
- Student Business Partnership scheme (SBP)
- Graduate Business Partnership scheme (GBP)