Read our Cornwall campuses at a glance booklet
We are highly active in volunteering and outreach throughout Cornwall, underscoring our commitment to being a good neighbour and an integral part of the Cornish community. Find out more.
The University of Exeter, Cornwall
We employ over 600 staff who engage in world-leading research and educate over 2300 students - some of the country’s most satisfied, according to the National Student Survey. Cornwall’s beautiful landscape provides a perfect ‘living laboratory’ for students and staff from all our disciplines. Find out more about studying here.
We have developed an international reputation as the pre-eminent research institute in Cornwall by collaborating with local stakeholders to undertake cutting-edge research addressing scientific, medical, and social concerns.
Together with our campus partners we have contributed more than half a billion pounds to the Cornish economy and helped create many high-skilled jobs—one of the the main reasons our local community enjoys the lowest unemployment rates and highest average wages in the Duchy.
We are proud of all that we have achieved here and intend to build on this success in the future.
Cornwall campuses at a glance
- In the 2015/16 academic year, the University of Exeter supported £73.4 million in economic output and 853 jobs across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- We engage and raise the aspirations of thousands of school children by running outreach activities with schools, holding community outreach events such as Science in the Square, and by hosting ceremonies for Children’s University and the Excellence Awards.
- We have 250 students from Cornwall enolled on our Exeter Scholars programme, which provides two years of support prior to their applying to university, and a preferential offer from us if they choose to apply to the University of Exeter.
- Exeter is amongst the top 150 universities worldwide according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the most influential global league table.
- We are 35th in the world and 6th in the UK in the Leiden University Rankings (2017).
- The latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) recognised 98% of our research as being of international quality.