Cornwall campuses at a glance booklet
This employer-led project aims to support businesses to identify and develop the higher level skills required to stimulate their growth.
Based at the University of Exeter’s Truro campus in Cornwall, the European Centre for Environment and Human Health conducts world-class research into the complex connections between the environment and health.
The University of Exeter's Environment and Sustainability Institute (ESI) is a £30 million interdisciplinary centre leading cutting-edge research into solutions to problems of environmental change.
A thought-provoking film summarising Unlocking Potential's recent Sustainable Packaging Event held on our Penryn Campus.
Innovation, Impact and Business in Cornwall
The University of Exeter can develop solutions for businesses and organisations of all shapes and sizes from start-ups and SMEs to multi-national organisations.
We can help you to:
• Innovate with R&D: If you are looking to Innovate, the University of Exeter's research and development options could provide the bespoke research solutions you are searching for.
• Transform your team: Our skills offer can help you strengthen your existing teams, recruit new talent and extend your capabilities through access to its networks.
• Accelerate your growth: If you are looking to grow and develop your organisation, we provide business acceleration and scale-up support services
Improving preoperative assessments with Ultramed using MyPreOp
Ultramed, a rapidly growing SME, have generated seed funding and grown their business by working with the University of Exeter.
Read more »
Smartline: Smart wellbeing inspired by the community with Coastline Housing
A collaborative research and innovation project supporting the development of an eHealth and eWellbeing business sector and to drive improvements in health and wellbeing.
Read more »
Work with our students
The University remains committed to ensuring the safety of those participating in our employer events. We are closely monitoring the situation surrounding COVID-19 and will advise should we have to make any changes to our programme.
There are various events and opportunities throughout the year in which to engage with our students, raise your profile as an employer, and recruit students and graduates.
Careers Fairs are an excellent platform to promote your recruitment programmes and network with our talented students. On the Penryn campus the University runs a large annual fair and a number of industry-specific fairs.
Presentations provide the ideal opportunity to meet students who are particularly interested in your company and for you to make them aware of the opportunities you can offer.
Inspire students to make decisions about their career paths through taking part in a panel event. You will have the chance to communicate with an audience of students who are aiming for a career within your industry whilst networking with other professionals in your field.
Help coach students in the desirable skills needed to enter the workforce, whilst building relationships with a promising pool of future employees.
The opportunity to practice interview skills with an experienced interviewer can have an enormous impact on student career outcomes, and help establish your company as a desirable student employer.
The University of Exeter produces high calibre, employable students and graduates. There are many different ways they can work with your organisation.
- Graduate Business Partnership (GBP) - This partnership offers employers the opportunity to recruit recent graduates to fulfil your business need
- PhD students – Whether your business is large or small you can work with research students by sponsoring a student to undertake a relevant research project (supporting the whole PhD), or contributing to the part of cost of a PhD through match funding.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) – Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) enable businesses to improve effectiveness and productivity by accessing new knowledge and expertise.
- Student Business Partnership (SBP) – A University student to work for you, dedicated to solving one of the challenges you face in developing your business.
- Access to Internships (A2I) Subsidies for Employers - Access to Internships (A2I) is a fund to help SME employers offset the cost of hiring a University of Exeter finalist or graduate on a paid internship or graduate role.
- Casual, part-time and vacation work - If you are looking for staff to provide part time work, cover casual shifts or carry out temporary casual jobs then our students can help whilst they study or during vacation periods.
Work with us to attain a suitable business solution
Tremough Innovation Centre
University of Exeter
Phone: +44 (0) 1326 259238