Quality Management System (QMS)
Teams within Estate Services have held the ISO 9001 accreditation with the BSI (British Standards Institute.) since 2010.
Our Quality System follows the principles of PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) and uses ISO 9001:2015 Standard as the framework to develop our practices, processes and procedures which we measure, review and audit in order to evidence base our continuous improvement culture. Operational activities therefore are guided and managed by a series of policies, processes and procedures with the relevant work instructions, guidelines and forms as necessary. All QS documentation is controlled and reviewed via the audit processes and the Management Review procedures.
The ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System is the ultimate global benchmark for quality management and a critical tool for boosting an organisation’s success, efficiency, profitability and market potential.
Our service has implemented the QMS framework in order to align our business practices to supporting the University’s ambition of achieving and maintaining a Global Top 100 ranking of world class universities.
Estate Services, through the delivery of continuous improvement, aims to make a significant contribution to the University’s vision to deliver this, by ensuring that our campus environment, facilities and service delivery are befitting of a global top 100 University campus.
- It establishes a customer focus to ensure high level customer satisfaction
- It ensures the designing of systems and processes are consistently meeting customer requirements
- It promotes a culture of ongoing review and continual improvement
- As a recognised international mark of quality, it opens organisations up to a larger client base, both at home and abroad
- A customer focus improves service delivery and referrals/recommendations
- Internal processes are streamlined, improving efficiency, cost containment and savings, whilst improving accountability and traceability
- Staff motivation is improved through greater clarity and focus on business objectives, with time and resource being spent on what really matters to the business
- Better internal processes and customer services ultimately improves competitiveness advantage
Built Estate and Engineering and Direct Works currently hold both ISO 9001:2008 and 2015 standards and are working to towards a combined Quality Systems at the 2015 standard.
- Quality Systems Documentation - for staff working on projects over £25K documents can be located on the Estate Services BE shared drive under B&E and EDS Quality System
- Engineering and Direct Quality Manual (staff access only)