Support for work placements
There is a wide range of support available for work placement students, this may vary slightly between modules and programmes but will include some or all of the following:
- Module Lead/Programme Director support for academic and placement queries, as well as advice on finding placement opportunities.
- 1 to 1 appointments with Employability and Placement Advisers and/or Employability and Careers Consultants to discuss any queries or gain advice and guidance.*
- Employability lectures and workshops to support a range of areas such as deciding which placement you want to do, CV’s, interviews, assessment centres etc.
- 1 to many sessions where students will work in groups with an Employability & Placement Adviser, discussing particular placement topics and learning from each other as well as the Adviser.
- Email support on queries, support and advice from the Placements Team.
- Access to online employability resources such as; My Career Zone Digital, Handshake and GoinGlobal.
- Access to recruitment tools e.g. video interviewing and CV review.
- Access to advertised placement roles via Handshake.
- Employer and student recruitment events.
*You can book an appointment with your placements team to get your CV, cover letter, application form, or LinkedIn profile checked to help with applying for placements. You can self book an appoinment in Handshake, select the 'Work Placements' category, select the type and then select the date and time.
You can access some of the general support on offer by looking at our 'Help with Placements' web page found here.
If you are interested in work abroad opportunities, you can find a wide range of resources and support on the Work Abroad Sharepoint site.