The University invites applications from candidates who meet the specific requirements of the individual awards and have been offered an undergraduate place at the University (Exeter and Penryn campuses) through UCAS for degrees commencing in September 2024.
Special Entrance Scholarships for 2024 entry
Offered to new students who meet the specific requirements of each scholarship scheme as follows:
- Devon Scholarships - there are a number of scholarships available each year to those born in the County of Devon or ordinarily resident in the County for at least 3 years prior to an application being made. Up to £350 annually.
- Horwill Memorial Scholarship - for applicants who have relatives in employment with, or have retired from, the Post Office in the South West region. Up to £125 annually.
Additional Special Entrance Scholarships
Other scholarships offered to new students, which are administered independently, are available as follows:
- CV Thomas Scholarship - for pupils of Truro School. For further information, contact the Headmaster, Truro School.
How to apply
You can apply for these scholarships if:
- You meet the specific eligibility criteria; and
- You already hold an offer for an undergraduate degree at the University of Exeter, commencing in September 2024.
An application form and particulars can be requested by sending an email to:
Please provide your nine digit Exeter Reference Number when requesting these particulars.
Applicants applying for deferred entry onto degree programmes commencing in September 2025 can submit an application during their gap year, i.e. from October 2024 onwards until the prescribed deadline for the 2025 entry scheme (date to be confirmed).
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of both meeting the specified criteria as detailed above and consideration of the Entrance Scholarship application form as determined by the scholarship committee.
Awards are made for one year initially. Scholarships can be renewed annually for the normal duration of a first degree programme, subject to satisfactory progress by the nominated student and recurrent funds being available.
The University reserves the right not to offer scholarships if in the opinion of the interviewing committee no candidates of sufficient merit present themselves.
Deadline for the submission of this application is 20 September 2024.