Alumni Annual Fund FAQs
You can apply for funding at any point in the year by completing an Annual Fund Grant Application Form. Decisions about which projects will be awarded funding will be made twice per year.
For the academic year 2017-18: Applications need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th October 2017 (round 1) and 23rd March 2018 (round 2).
To be successful, projects must demonstrate that they will enhance the student experience and impact upon a large audience of students. In addition, projects which create or improve links with the local community or which help to promote Exeter on a national or international scale will be looked upon more favourably.
Money raised each year is divided up across University departments, including the Students’ Guild, FXU, Sport and each of the academic Colleges. Applications for funding are then made to the relevant College or Service.
Applications are initially reviewed by the Annual Fund team in the Global Advancement Office. Once the deadline has closed (October and March), applications which fit the Annual Fund criteria are then forwarded to the appropriate College/Service contact for decisions on allocation.
Global Advancement will also look to see if there are any other appropriate sources of funding available to support these projects, and will provide such information to the College/Service contact to take into account.
Applicants will be informed directly of decisions by the Annual Fund team in Global Advancement.
- Applicants must submit the Annual Fund Project Report Form in which they will explain how the funds have been used in order to reclaim the money from Global Advancement. This report must include where possible the following:
- Photographs or videos of the project (where appropriate)
- Full information about how the money was used
- How the fund has benefitted the department/college/wider University
- Feedback and quotes from students who have benefitted
- Feedback and quotes from any alumni volunteers involved in the project
- Projects must publicise the support they have received from the Annual Fund e.g. displaying the logo on materials, equipment, websites, social media, internal publications etc., to ensure appropriate recognition of alumni support and to help raise awareness of philanthropy amongst students. Funding is awarded on the condition that staff, students, and other individuals involved in this project must be made aware that it is supported by gifts from donors to the University. Future donor support for the University of Exeter is reliant on raising the profile of the importance of philanthropy and demonstrating to donors the impact of their giving. Donors wish to see their gifts having direct and immediate impacts for our students. The Annual Fund team can provide support and guidance throughout the process to achieve the best possible outcome and ensure that donors feel appreciated.
- Failure to submit the required information, or deliver on the agreed promotion and publicity of alumni funding, may result in funding being withheld.
- Funds awarded can only be claimed on presentation of appropriate proofs of purchase along with details of the cost code to be credited.
- Funds must only be spent for the purposes for which they have been awarded.
- The University of Exeter will only make payments of grants if it has sufficient funds.
- Funds must be spent within the academic year. If funds have not been drawn down within this period, approval for projects may be withdrawn and the funds reallocated.
If you have been awarded an Annual Fund grant for a project and are ready to reclaim funds, please complete an Annual Fund report and return it to email@example.com . Funds cannot be reclaimed until reports have been received.
Please note that funds can only be reimbursed for money spent and proof of expenditure will be required. This is to ensure that funds are being spent in line with donors’ wishes.
Please see the Annual Fund FAQs 2017 for more information.