We are highly active in volunteering and outreach throughout Cornwall, underscoring our commitment to being a good neighbour and an integral part of the Cornish community. Find out more.
The University of Exeter, Cornwall
We employ over 450 staff who engage in world-leading research and educate nearly 2000 students - some of the country’s most satisfied, according to the National Student Survey. Cornwall’s beautiful landscape provides a perfect ‘living laboratory’ for students and staff from all our disciplines. Find out more about studying here.
We have developed an international reputation as the pre-eminent research institute in Cornwall by collaborating with local stakeholders to undertake cutting-edge research addressing scientific, medical, and social concerns.
Together with our campus partners we have contributed more than half a billion pounds to the Cornish economy and helped create many high-skilled jobs—one of the the main reasons our local community enjoys the lowest unemployment rates and highest average wages in the Duchy.
We are proud of all that we have achieved here and intend to build on this success in the future.
Cornwall campuses at a glance
- With our partners on the Penryn Campus, we have sustained over 1,000 jobs a year and injected £491m into the economy of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly during our first 10 years.
- We engage and raise the aspirations of thousands of school children by holding outreach events, such as Science in the Square, and by hosting ceremonies for Children’s University and the Excellence Awards.
- We have 180 Cornish students on our Exeter Progression Programme, which provides two years of support prior to their applying to university, and a preferential offer from us if they choose to apply to the University of Exeter.
- We are one of the top 1% of universities in the world.
- We have consistently been in the top 10 in UK league tables - ranked 9th in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- We are 35th in the world and 6th in the UK in the Leiden University Rankings (2016).
- The latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) recognised 98% of our research as being of international quality.