Discover the range of potential field trips we offer at the Penryn and Truro Campuses.
"I can hand on heart say there is no other similar experience like studying on the Cornwall campus. I am yet to meet someone who didn’t enjoy their experience."
Take a look at our stunning Penryn Campus from above.
A typical day in the life of a student at our Penryn campus: not just library time and lectures, but cliff jumping, beach trips and exploring Cornwall.
Studying in Cornwall
- TEF Gold award for teaching excellence - Consistently delivering outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students
- Research excellence - 98% of our research rated as world leading or internationally recognised
- Top 150 of universities worldwide - the Times Higher Education World University Ranking
- Top 15 university in UK - the Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019 rates Exeter as the best university in the South West, and 12th in the UK
- Graduate employability - 95% of graduates in employment or further study six months after graduation (DHLE Survey 2015/16)
- Shared Campus with Falmouth University creating a diverse mix of people and interests
- Member of the prestigious Russell Group of research intensive universities
- International reputation - winner at the 2015 and 2017 What Uni Student Choice Awards
- Support for students - our support staff are on hand to support you throughout your degree, from our Wellbeing and Disability Services, to support for care leavers, mature and estranged students
- Beautiful campuses - the University of Exeter has won Green Flag Awards for its picturesque and eco-friendly campuses
- A perfect location - situated in the lively coastal community of Penryn, near Falmouth (Cornwall), with coast and countryside on the doorstep, a vibrant social atmosphere and beautiful natural resources
You can read more about life in Cornwall in our Live It brochure, hear what our student bloggers think, or discover what the county of Cornwall has to offer in our online guide to the South West. Learn about the field trips we offer on Global Field Courses.
Find out exactly which courses are available to study on our Cornwall campuses
Studying at a top world-class university like Exeter, in a great environment like Cornwall, is a brilliant combination. I hope to utilise the scientific knowledge, research skills, leadership capacities and global connections I'm gaining through my Exeter career to the benefit of research, education and social entrepreneurship in Ghana.
Gameli Adzaho, MSc Environment and Human Health, Penryn Campus
It’s very close-knit and we get a lot of one-to-one attention from the teaching staff and get to know our classmates really well. You bump into people you know all the time, and that makes for a very friendly atmosphere. The other thing I’ve been impressed by so far is the amount of support available to us. When I first arrived, I had a number of practical things I needed to sort out as an international student, like my bank account, and I got lots of help with that.
Aula Ourtashi, BSc Business, Penryn Campus
The opportunity to study at one of the country’s top universities, built in a non-city environment, was very appealing. If you’re into the city nightlife it may not be for you but, for a small town, Falmouth has a good amount of live music and restaurants. There is a great range of independent shops, cafes and pubs in both Falmouth and Penryn. To anyone thinking of studying here, I’d just say come along to an Open Day and see for yourself.
Jason Rive, MEng Renewable Energy
Being an Exeter student means that you belong to a community. Although we are quite a large institution, there is a sense of unity amongst Exeter staff and students that my friends at other universities don't seem to have experienced. I feel very privileged to be part of it.
Rebecca Chin, BA English, Penryn Campus