Dr Enda Clarke
Cluster Lead/Senior Research Development Manager
Innovation Centre Phase 2
Innovation Centre Phase 2, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4RN, UK
Office hours: Monday to Friday (week 1) Monday to Thursday (week 2)
Monday to Friday (week 1)
Monday to Thursday (week 2)
Enda is currently seconded as the Business Lead for the Research Management System.
Enda leads the EU/International team within Research Services, providing support and expertise to academics at both Cornwall and Exeter campuses across the full research project lifecycle.
Enda and her team are responsible for seeking, securing and managing funding from the European Commission and other International sources. The team work particularly with Horizon 2020 but also Research Fund for Coal and Steel, Interreg, IMI2 and other schemes.
The teams remit includes;
- strategy and policy with regard to these funding sources
- horizon scanning, research development
- advising on the fit of research to particular funding calls, costings, providing feedback on applications, submission of applications to funders
- negotiation of contracts and other post-award agreements
- live grant financial management
- project management of grants led by Exeter.
B.A. (Hons) Genetics, Trinity College Dublin
Ph. D. Biochemistry, Imperial College London.
Enda has previously led the EU, International and Business Development team at Exeter. Prior to working at Exeter, Enda has worked in EU funding roles in Newcastle University (EU contracts Manager). She has also undertaken project manager roles for a vaccine development company (human and animal vaccines) following some time working as a postdoctoral researcher both in commercial and university laboratories.