Internet Explorer is not supported by T4. We recommend Firefox or Chrome when using T4 on a PC.
Adding a link
5) Adding a link
- There are three types of link:
- Section links: for pages within the University of Exeter website (on T4) – the section link button opens up the site structure and here you select the location of the page you want to link to. The main advantage of this is that links that do not break if content moves in T4. Your linked text will be blue and underlined – this means your section link has been created.
- External links: link to outside websites - this may look familiar as it's the same process in Word or other editors. Select the text you want to link, click on the chain link icon.
- Email links: same button as the ‘external links’ but you type ‘mailto:’ followed by an email address, with no space in between. This will open up a new email, prepopulated with the address you specify.
- If you want to remove any type of links, click within the link text and select the Unlink button.