Organise an event
Would you like to organise your own event? Perhaps a reunion with your former classmates or sports team. Or a networking event to support and meet alumni in your area.
We're happy to help and advise you on the organisation of your event, including promotion via email and social media, bookings and logistics.
We'd also love to share photos and/or news from your events across our channels. As well as being great for us to see how our alumni are, your fun photos will inspire others to catch-up with old friends and colleagues!
Planning your event
Some things you might find it helpful to consider:
- Who would you like to invite?
- What sort of event would you like to organise?
- Do you want to include partners and families?
- Would you like to meet on campus or elsewhere? We can help you arrange campus tours if you wish.
- Will you charge for tickets, fund the event yourself or organise something free?
- How will you spread the word? We can email invitations to specific groups of people and promote your event on our social media channels and website.
- How will you manage your guest list? We could manage bookings via our online system or you could use a service such as Eventbrite.
- If you're returning to campus will you need accommodation? Depending on the time of year, discount bookings may be available for alumni via Event Exeter.
Below are a couple of documents which you can download and use to help you plan your event and ensure that runs as smoothly as possible.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch via email@example.com or +44 (0) 1392 723141