My Finance Portal is a T1 function that brings together all the financial reports and information needed by Faculty and Professional Services colleagues into one central place.
Budget holders must:
- Apply budgets appropriately on University business
- Procure goods/services in a way that secures value for money
- Comply with financial regulations
- Comply with any external funder terms and conditions of funding or grant
- Code and record income and expenditure properly with sufficient documentation to provide a full audit trail
- Not exceed budgeted expenditure
- Deliver any agreed budgets and targets
- Monitor budgets at least monthly via My Finance Portal
- Promptly provide any information and explanations required by the University’s internal or external auditors or any member of Finance Services authorised by the Chief Financial Officer
- Regularly check approval pool membership for all own projects and budget centres and advise relevant finance team whenever any changes are needed.
The 'Faculty' section of the portal contains reports for academic colleagues and includes:
- Faculty/department budget reports
- PDA/academic allowance budget reports
- Non-research project budgets reports.
If you have any queries about your report balance or transactions, please send a copy of your report and query to email@example.com.
Portfolio Projects Dashboard Notes (coming soon)
Portfolio Projects Forecasting Pack Notes (coming soon)
How to create a T1 purchase order:
How to get started with the T1 finance system - Finance Induction
Help and support:
- contact points coming soon
To arrange for another member of staff to be given Reporting User Access to view your budget reports in T1, please contact your Faculty finance team with the following:
- Name and user ID of colleague
- T1 budget centre/project code
- Whether you want them to view any salary costs in that budget or see only non-salary transactions such as expense claims, purchase orders and invoices
Please note - reporting user access can only be given to staff, not students.
Once set up, the reporting user can access the reports in the same way as the budget holder - see the relevant report guides in the sections above.
Queries about budgets, transactions or commitments should be directed to the relevant Faculty or Professional Services finance team - see the 'Finance Department Emails' section on our Contact Us page for each team's address.
'How to’ queries about T1
See our T1 training pages or contact the Finance Helpdesk by email or phone 01392 726981, int ext 6981.