Dr Chris Playford, talks about the programme.
MSc Social Data Science
- Explore ways to apply data analysis techniques to a range of substantive policy related questions and develop skills in evidence-based decision making
- Choose to specialise within a policy subfield such as social and family policy, economic and public policy, environment, criminal justice and security
- Delivered by the highly successful Centre for Computational Social Science (C2S2)
- Provides you with the essential mathematical and programming skills to acquire and analyse data
- Put your market-leading social data science skills into practice with optional work placements or industry-based research consultancy projects
- You’ll gain an understanding of complex political and cultural issues, often in continually changing environments which will be relevant to both business and public sector careers or PhD study