- The advertising period will vary depending on the postion you are recruiting.
- Our minimum recommendation for external adverts is 2 weeks, but if may be necessary to publish adverts out for longer for certain job types.
- Your recruiter can provide advice on where and how long to advertise for, they can help ensure your advert attracts the right candidates for your position. It is free to advertise on the UoE website and this automatically pulls through to Indeed, it is also free to place a standard advert on jobs.ac.uk
- To prepare your advert text please use the existing University Templates
- Advertisement texts should bring the role to life and be a reflection of the job description.
- It should contain information about the team and department and to let people know what they would expect from our working environment.
- Adverts that are being placed on jobs.ac.uk must not exceed 540 words so please ensure you account for this when putting together your advert.
- Adverts should not be written in a way that stereotypes or encourages people to believe that the post is only suitable for certain groups of people. For example, terms such as 'dynamic' or 'energetic' could discourage applicants with disabilities from applying, or could be interpreted as implying that the employer is seeking to attract only younger applicants.
- If you have specific logos that are required please provide these to your Recruiter. Please be aware there is a cost of £50 to place extra logos on jobs.ac.uk so please provide a costcode.
- Please attach your advert text to the ESR1.
- The recruitment team will add in a hyperlink that will take a candidate to the Job Description.
- Please use an existing job description if one is available.
- When using the template please ensure that you do not make any drastic changes to main duties and accountabilities as this could alter the grading of the role; making slight tweaks of sentence structure and wording is fine but if you are unsure seek guidance from the recruitment team.
For Academic and Research posts please see our templates here
For Technical Services posts please see our templates here
For Professional Services positions please use a job description used in a previous round of recruitment. If this is a new position and you cannot find a job description that fits your role please contact your Recruiter to find a way forward.
- Please attach your Job Description to the ESR1.
The University is a member of UAG (Universities Advertising Group). The jobs.ac.uk site is provided by the Universities Advertising Group (UAG), a consortium of universities, including the University of Exeter. As founder members of this group we are able to receive advertising on this site free of charge. Jobs.ac.uk aim to post an advert on their site within 48 hours of receipt. Additional logos or enhancements carry an extra charge.
Purchasing of advertising
Depending on the role it may be necssary to purchase additional advertising to publish your advert on other websites to enhance the number of applications of suitable candidates. Please discuss with your recruiter if you wish to explore additonal advertising options. Advertising is purchased centrally through the recruitment team and therefore you'll need to ensure sufficient funding is availble to cover the advertising costs and provide a valid cost code.
We have an annual subscription with LinkedIn which allows us to publish 11 sponsored adverts at all time. If you think you're position would benefit from being advertised on this platform please talk to your recruiter.