The redevelopment of the Spreytonway site, will create 131 new bedrooms in our Lafrowda residential area at Streatham Campus, helping us to deliver more on-campus accommodation to meet growing demand from our future students.
The new Spreytonway student residence will replace the derelict and disused Spreytonway House to more efficiently use this land for the benefit our students. Following approval from Exeter City Council in December 2017, University Partnerships Programme (UPP) will design, build, fund, and operate the new residence, with development work due to commence in autumn 2018. The proposals have evolved through two public consultations in July and December 2016. The feedback from our students, residents and local community has shaped the proposals, accommodating their views as much as possible.
Spreytonway forms part of our commitment to ease the pressure on accommodation in the city, as well as providing a range of options for future students alongside our other new student residences East Park and Moberly.
If you are living in the Lafrowda area during the 2018/19 academic year, please check the Spreytonway development map for more information.
Plans for Spreytonway
What will Spreytonway look like?
The revised plans shown in December 2016:
• The proposals now provide 131 bedrooms in a single building.
• The footprint of the building is now stepped to allow the building to sit sensitively with the trees.
• There is an increased provision of social space in the lower ground floor.
• Two flats have been included which are designed to accommodate users in larger powered wheelchairs.
• Cycle storage has been taken out of the building and will be provided in external stores.
• The external route through the building has been eliminated.
This tab will provide you with regular updates on the planned works, highlighting any potential noise and disruption, so that you have as much notice as possible to make any alternative arrangements.
Works summary for week commencing Monday 24 September
Service diversion works continue throughout the week. On Wednesday, tree works to trim overhanging branches will be carried out and will take approximately 4 hours to complete – some medium noise is expected.
If you have any questions in relation to our new student accommodation plans please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get back to you.