Living Systems Institute Opening Symposium
5 and 6 July 2017, University of Exeter Streatham Campus
About the event
The University of Exeter will celebrate the opening of its new £52 million Living Systems Institute building with an international scientific symposium on Wednesday 5 July and Thursday 6 July 2017.
The symposium will provide a unique opportunity to visit this magnificent new research facility and meet the outstanding scientists who have joined the Living Systems Institute from around the world.
Researchers from the public and private sectors are welcome to attend this exciting event, which will be hosted by Professor Philip Ingham FRS, Inaugural Director of the LSI.
The LSI Opening Symposium will feature:
- Lectures from world-renowned scientists including Nobel laureates Sir Paul Nurse FRS and Professor Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard ForMemRS
- Presentations from some of the recently appointed LSI faculty
- An opportunity to meet with researchers and industry professionals to discuss the broad interdisciplinary area of living systems-related research
- Opportunity to see the LSI building, the University of Exeter’s largest ever capital investment in science
- Celebratory Symposium Dinner
Registration and fee information
A modest Registration fee of £65 will cover attendance at all sessions, lunches and refreshments as well as the Symposium Dinner. For information about accommodation and travel (which are not covered by the registration fee) please visit our Travel and venues and Accommodation pages.
Research at the Living Systems Institute
The LSI brings together world-leading scientists and researchers from diverse backgrounds in an exciting new £52 million research facility that represents the University’s largest single investment in science to date.
Members of this highly interdisciplinary institute will work together to generate new insights into some of the most important diseases facing humanity today, from chronic and infectious human diseases to plant diseases that threaten our food supply.
You can read more about our research here.
Who will find this interesting?
The Living Systems Institute Opening Symposium is aimed at:
- Life Science Researchers
- Industry professionals
- Science policy makers
- Science funders
Registration now open
If you have any questions about the LSI Opening Symposium please contact the organisers:
Phone: 01392 722321