Get in touch
Open research at Exeter
The University of Exeter supports the principle of open access to research outputs and, where legally, commercially and ethically appropriate, to the research data of its research community.
The University’s preferred route to open access is self-archiving in the institutional repository ORE.
The University of Exeter’s Open Access Research and Research Data Management Policy
- applies to all research conducted at the University
- the preferred route to open access is self-archiving in the institutional repository ORE
- authors of all output types are encouraged to pursue open access publication, where possible and practical
The University of Exeter's Open Access Research and Research Data Management Policy requires that
- all research publications should include a data access statement
- research proposals must include research data management plans
- research data should be considered for retention, preservation and curation in ORE, or an appropriate national or international data service or domain repository
The University of Exeter's central open access funds are managed according to the policy for managing central open access funds.
The University of Exeter uses Symplectic Elements Current Research Information System (CRIS) for recording research outputs, funding and professional activities of Exeter researchers.
Symplectic is integrated with the institutional repository, ORE. Upload your publications via Symplectic to make them open access in ORE.
Open Research Exeter (ORE) is the University of Exeter’s online repository for storing and providing access to research outputs. ORE is a showcase for University of Exeter research, increasing visibility of publications by making them available as open access and enabling compliance with open access policies of the University and funders of research.
Support and training
Open Research at Exeter is supported by the Open Research team. We can help with your open access, open data and research data management enquiries.