Courses and resources
Data Protection: Practical Implications of the DP and FOI Acts
Who is it for?
This workshop looks at the practical implications of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts.
It will discuss the main principles of the Acts and encourage you to relate them to your work.
What is it about?
- Brief overview of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts.
- Requests for information - looking at real examples of requests received by the University.
- A look at the key practical implications of the Acts, drawing on real-life examples and a selection of practical steps that will help ensure compliance.
- Question and Answer Session.
What will I get out of it?
The aim of the workshop is to increase your knowledge and understanding of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts and to provide practical advice on how to comply with the Acts.
The course is an introductory level workshop explaining the key elements of the Acts and the key implications for your work.
At the end of this session it is intended that you will have - Gained a basic understanding of the two Acts.
- Increased your awareness of the right of access to information.
- Developed your knowledge on what rules of good information handling consists of.
- Developed your knowledge and understanding of some simple techniques to help manage information.
This course is delivered by Caroline Dominey, the University's Data Protection Officer, and administered by People Development.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
|This course occurs on the following dates||
|Book||Book via Trent HR Self Service|