Courses and resources
Equality & Diversity (Induction)
Who is it for?
As part of induction training all new members of staff must attend this half day Equality and Diversity Training Course within six months of joining.
What is it about?
It will include a discussion about the processes and impact of discrimination and an overview of relevant legislation and policies.
Most importantly it provides an opportunity to explore our own beliefs and assumptions and to perhaps question any possible prejudices we may hold.
What will I get out of it?
- To recognise how unacceptable and damaging any sort of prejudice or discrimination is (which will include discrimination around race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation and religion and belief).
- To understand what all our responsibilities are under current anti discriminatory legislation.
- To be aware of what we have a right to expect under different University Equality and Diversity policies (eg Harassment Policy).
- Most importantly it provides an opportunity to explore our own beliefs and assumptions and to perhaps question any possible prejudices we may hold.
- You will gain a better understanding about current debates and issues around Equality and Diversity.
- You will understand that in order to do your job well you must include an awareness of Equality and Diversity.
Is there anything I need to do before attending?
Before attending the training you must complete the pre-reading at http://www.exeter.ac.uk/staff/development/your/youedevelop/. Previous attendees said 'In life you have to look at a much broader picture with regard to everyone and everything.
Think carefully about what you say and without jumping to conclusions'.
'Heightened my awareness around issues for both staff and students.
I have more of an understanding of relevant legislation'.
'Much greater awareness of the meaning of Equality and Diversity: I had almost no idea before the event'.
This course is administered by Staff Learning & Development, please contact email@example.com for any queries.
|This course occurs on the following dates||
|Book||Book via Trent HR Self Service|