- Contacts and about us
- Courses and resources
- Community challenges
- Customer service
- You teach
- You research
- You manage others
- Career development
- Technical specialists
- Mandatory training
- Performance development review (PDR)
- Learning and development policies and reports
- Frequently asked questions
- E-zine and blog
Courses and resources
Voice Coaching: A healthy voice for effective communication
A practical interactive workshop to boost vocal capability, clarity and confidence in the lecture theatre and classroom.
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at lecturers and other staff who are involved in lecture-style delivery.
What will I get out of it?
- What is it.
- What affects it.
- Practical work on preparing the body and breath for speech.
- keeping your voice fit for purpose.
- How best to maintain and care for the voice to meet the ongoing demands of continuous professional voice use.
- Work on posture, breathing, relaxation and articulation to enable effective voice production and good delivery.
Exercises to develop.
- Clear spoken English (active articulation).
- Setting the tone with your tone! (adjustment of the learning atmosphere through tone of voice).
- The impact of clarity and tone on behaviour management - Increased resonance (volume).
- Muscular speech for audibility (energy and vitality in delivery).
- Best practices to safeguard vocal health and hygiene.
This course is delivered by Voice Care Network UK.
This course is administered by Staff Learning & Development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
|Book||Book via Trent HR Self Service|