- Contacts and about us
- Courses and resources
- Community challenges
- Customer service
- You teach
- You research
- You manage others
- Career development
- Technical specialists
- Mandatory training
- Performance development review (PDR)
- Learning and development policies and reports
- Frequently asked questions
- E-zine and blog
Courses and resources
Group Training Certificate (Train the Trainer)
The aim of this course is to assist the development of skills for `off-the-job? training to medium sized groups.
Who should attend? Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Trainers and others who are responsible for delivering theoretical information to groups of people through interactive training sessions.
Aims and Objectives.
- Analyse two training activities and write objectives that are appropriate for a group training session.
- Plan accurate training sessions with support materials that reflect real practice and include appropriate types of information.
- State how to select sites and locations for the delivery of training and explain the factors influencing their choice.
- Carry out-group training sessions at a pace and sequence that maximizes the level of learning.
- Encourage trainee participation, but at the same time control group dynamics.
- Able to identify how people learn in groups - group dynamics.
- Write instructional objectives.
- Structure interactive training ? introduction, development and consolidation.
- Prepare for training delivery, designing visual aids and handouts.
- Increase participation, using syndicates and exercises.
- Delegate practice sessions.
- Give feedback, applying the learning back in the workplace.
Link to Competences/University Mission:
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Communicating and influencing.
- Leadership and motivation.
- Planning and organizing.
- Continual improvement of systems and processes.
- The ability to develop yourself and others.
Informal and highly participative with active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises, group work and practice sessions.
There is homework to complete in the evenings of day 1 and 2.
On day 3 delegates are formally assessed, delivering an interactive training session to the standard required by Stonebow, for the award of the Group Training Certificate.
21st January, 2013 23rd January, 2013 25th January, 2013
Staff Learning and Development (SLD@exeter.ac.uk)
|Book||Book via Trent HR Self Service|