Courses and resources
Environmental Sustainability in the Workplace
About this course:
The University excels in the area of environmental sustainability research.
It is therefore essential that as an organisation, we manage our environmental impacts effectively and make a positive contribution to our local and regional environment.
We must also ensure that we are meeting all of our legal and other obligations relating to the environment and managing our environment risks effectively.
The aim of this session is to provide all Campus Services staff with a basic understanding of their role in the environmental policy,environmental compliance and pollution prevention and provide practical information to help individuals make a difference at a local level.
As a result of attending this course, you will be able to:.
- List the organisational drivers for environmental management.
- List the main requirements of key waste regulations and how these apply to you.
- Summarise the commitments within the University's environmental policy.
- Explain how the ISO14001 Environmental Management System relates to your role.
- Develop an action plan outlining 5 ways you can help deliver the environmental policy.
Who should attend this course:
The course is suitable for any member of Campus Services staff who does not wish to complete the online Environmental Sustainability in Workplace module.
Karen Gallagher, Environment and Sustainability Adviser with Safety, Health and Wellbeing.
Before the course:
No prior work is required.
This course is administered by People Development, for queries please contact email@example.com.
|This course occurs on the following dates||
Please click here to book your place through iTrent Self Service.