Courses and resources
Anti Money Laundering Policy
The Anti Money Laundering Policy applies to all employees of the University and aims to maintain the high standards of conduct which currently exist within the University by preventing criminal activity through money laundering.
This training will cover the procedures which must be followed to enable the University to comply with its legal obligations.
The University has a responsibility to:.
- Appoint a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) to receive, consider and report as appropriate, disclosure of suspicious activity reported by employees.
- Implement a procedure to enable the reporting of suspicious activity.
- Maintain customer identification procedures to `know your customer?, in relevant circumstances.
- Maintain adequate records of transactions.
Money laundering legislation applies to ALL employees.
Potentially any member of staff could be committing an offence under the money laundering laws if they suspect money laundering or if they become involved in some way and do nothing about it.
Failure to do so may result in you being personally liable to prosecution.
Aims and Outcomes:
You will be aware of what the Money Laundering act is and what policies should be adhered to, to ensure there is no liability to the University or the individual member of staff.
This course will be delivered by Mazars with support from colleagues in Finance.
Who should attend Anyone who (on behalf of the University or its subsidiaries).
- Gets involved with the receipt of money.
- Requests new customer accounts or refunds to suppliers.
- Has to recruit and register new students.
This especially applies to the following areas.
- Student fees.
- Student funding.
- Accounts receivable.
- Accounts payable.
- College finance teams.
- International office.
- Corporate Services finance.
- Sports centre.
- Finance within services.
- Finance staff within subsidiaries.
This is a part of the Finance Training provision, for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Finance Services web pages.
This course is administered by Staff Learning and Development, please e-mail SLD@exeter.ac.uk for any queries.
|Book||Book via Trent HR Self Service|