- Term dates
- Academic study
- Academic Colleges and subjects
- Programmes and modules
- Flexible combined honours
- Rules and regulations for studying
- Complaints and appeals
- Changes to study
- Change home / term-time address
- Student status letters
- Examination and assessment
- Replacement certificates
- Research Council Information
Student registration 2012/3
University registration is the process by which you agree to the University’s current regulations, and is completed at the start of every academic year that you study here.
Registration for most students takes place online through MyExeter, the student portal.
Both new and returning students are required to register annually.
All students will receive full details of the registration process:
- New students receive this information in your Welcome email from Admissions.
- Returning students receive this information by email to your University account in late July.
A late charge of £50 will apply and if you do not register you will lose your IT access and library borrowing rights.
There are also additional online registration periods for students who are commencing or resuming their studies after the start of the academic year. Specific information regarding these periods of registration will be sent to all relevant students, either from Admissions (new students) or Registry Services (returning students). The currently agreed additional periods are listed below:
- 2nd January – 14th January 2013
- 1st February – 14th February 2013
- 1st March – 14th March 2013
- 2nd April – 14th April 2013
- 29th April – 14th May 2013
- 1st June – 14th June 2013
- 1st July – 29th July 2013
The following dates have been agreed for the 2013/4 academic year:
- 2nd September – 4th October 2013 for PGCE and Postgraduate students
- 9th September – 4th October 2013 for Undergraduate students
- 1st November – 18th November 2013
- 1st December – 18th December 2013
- 2nd January – 18th January 2014
- 1st February – 18th February 2014
- 1st March – 18th March 2014
- 1st April – 18th April 2014
- 28th April – 18th May 2014
- 1st June – 18th June 2014
Please note that the release of your Student Maintenance Loan (if due) is linked to the registration process. The Student Loans Company should pay your loan directly into your bank account within four working days of either the start of your programme or the date you register online, whichever is later.
New Exeter based students:
If you have not received your UniCard prior to your arrival at Exeter, you can collect it from the following location:
|Student Information Desk,
|8am - 8pm
10am - 3pm (Sat)
New Cornwall based students:
Your will not be posted to you prior to your arrival. Please collect it from the following location:
|Peter Lanyon Building Reception||9.30am - 4.30pm (Mon-Fri)|
New Distance Learning students: Your UniCard will be posted to your home address.
For further information on applying for or collecting your UniCard, please see our UniCard webpages
Problems logging in?
Your password is case-sensitive – check that the Caps Lock is not on and try re-typing again. If this does not work, please contact
Tel: +44 (0)1392 72 3934
during normal working hours. Please have your student number to hand.
I receive an error message about session cookies when I try to log in to MyExeter. What should I do?
In your web browser go to Tools, Internet Options, click on the Privacy tab, Edit/Sites. Enter the address www.my.exeter.ac.uk then click Allow, then OK.
The screen says I have not progressed from last year but my College has confirmed my progression. What should I do?
Please contact us:
My programme is incorrect when I try to register online. What should I do?
Please do not continue with the registration process. Select the appropriate option on the registration screen to tell us about the problem. We will reply by email - to your University email account - within two working days to let you know what you need to do next.
How do I register if I miss the deadline?
Please contact us: