- Term dates
- Colleges and subjects
- Academic study
- Programmes and modules
- Flexible combined honours
- Rules and regulations for studying
- Complaints and appeals
- Changes to study
- Change home / term-time address
- Student status letters
- Examination and assessment
- Replacement certificates
- Electoral Register
- Student Oyster Cards
- Teaching Day 2015-16
***IMPORTANT*** If you do not register within the dates you are provded, a late registration charge of £50 may apply and you will lose your IT access and library borrowing rights. If you think you have registered but are still receiving reminders to register, you have not yet completed registration***
Registration is the process by which you agree to the University’s current regulations. It is a requirement for both new and returning students to complete registration at the start of your studies in each academic year.
Registration for most students takes place online in the Student Record System.
All students will receive a notification when they need to register:
- New Students receive this notification in your Welcome email from Admissions. Before you can register online, you will need to activate your University IT account
- Returning students receive this notification by email to your University account.
- New international students usually cannot complete University registration until you have completed International Student Clearance, as detailed in your Welcome email from Admissions.
- International students returning to study after an interruption may not be able to complete University registration until you have completed International Student Clearance, please check your "Returning from interruption" e-mail.
How to access online registration
- Log in to the Student Record System using your short username and password
- In the Student Record System, if you have been cleared to register you will see a red box "Welcome to online registration". Click on the "REGISTER NOW" link to enter the online registration pages
If you have not been cleared to register, or do not need to register, you should see a message telling you why you cannot or do not need to register
Online Registration dates for the 2016/17 academic year
The following table details the online registration periods for students commencing or resuming their studies during the 2016/17 academic year. Specific information regarding these periods of registration will be sent to all relevant students, either from Admissions (new students) or Student Records (returning students).
|Period||Opening Date||Closing Date|
|August||* Closed *|
Please note that the release of your Student Maintenance Loan (if due) is linked to the registration process. The Student Loans Company should pay your loan directly into your bank account within four working days of either the start of your programme, the date you register online, or the date your student funding application is fully approved - whichever is later.
For information on applying for or collecting your UniCard, please see our UniCard webpages
Your password is case-sensitive – check that the Caps Lock is not on and try re-typing again. If this does not work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your student number.
The screen says I have not progressed from last year but my College has confirmed my progression. What should I do?
Please contact us:
My programme is incorrect when I try to register online. What should I do?
Please do not continue with the registration process. Select the appropriate option on the registration screen to tell us about the problem. This will create an enquiry in SID Online and we will reply via SID Online within five working days to let you know what you need to do next.
How do I register if I miss the deadline?
Please contact us: