Take advantage of our beautiful grounds by holding an event outdoors.
Holding an outdoor event on Campus?
The University of Exeter’s grounds are beautiful and can make an event truly memorable. Staff and students are able to use the grounds for a range of outdoor events.
Most campus outdoor events are held on the Forum Piazzas, which can be booked via The Forum Team.
If they are unavailable, please complete the outdoor event booking form at least five working days before the event.
The following locations are available for events:
- Area A: Grassed area by Peter Chalk Centre
- Area B: Grassed area by cafe entrance to Northcott Theatre
- Area C: Grassed area opposite South Piazza (top of Poole Gate)
- Area D: Ram Bar garden
- Area E: Grassed area by Queens car park
- Area F: Grassed area by Amory
- Area G: Grassed triangle at the bottom of Stocker Road
- Area H: Grassed area opposite Car Park A (old wildflower meadow)
- Area I: Magnolia lawn to the rear of the Xfi building
- Area J: Lawn at Lopes Hall
- Area K: Lawn at Duryard Hall
- Area L: Grassed area behind the Institute for Arab and Islamic Studies building
- Area M: International Garden
- St Luke's Quad
Photos and further details of these areas are available on our Event locations page.
You will be required to complete a risk assessment for each event at least three working days prior to the event. If you do not have one prepared, please use our General risk assessment for outdoor events.