AccessAbility Drop-in Sessions
When do the drop-ins take place?
Please be aware that AccessAbility Advisor drop-in sessions only run during term time. If you would like to speak to an advisor outside of term time, please call the SID team on 0300 555 0444 to arrange an appointment (this can be over the phone if more convenient).
AccessAbility Advisors offer three weekly drop-in sessions for students. These take place in the Forum every:
- Monday 1pm - 3pm
- Wednesday 1pm - 3pm
- Friday 1pm - 3pm
The drop-in sessions will allow you 15 minutes with an AccessAbility Advisor to discuss your quick queries. Please report to the SID desk in the Forum on the drop-in dates and times to be seen.
Please be advised that the drop-ins can be very busy, so we may need to close sessions early if demand is high and the available drop-in appointments are all booked. We recommend arriving early in order to have the best chance of booking an appointment.
What can drop-in sessions be used for?
Quick queries that could be discussed in a drop-in session could include:
- Questions about what support AccessAbility services offer
- Advice on applying for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA)
- Checking and signing of Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA) applications
- Questions about what medical evidence is required
- Advice about arranging study skills and/or mentoring support
- Questions about disclosing a disability or health condition at university
Who are the drop-in sessions suitable for?
Any current student at the University of Exeter can use the drop-in sessions. Students can use the drop-in service as many times as they like and as often as they need to. Drop-in sessions cannot be used for creating Individual Learning Plans (ILPs), including arrangements for exam adjustments; instead students should book into a full AccessAbility appointment.
If you need to see an advisor outside of term time, please call the SID desk on 0300 555 0444 to book an appointment. You can book a telephone appointment if this is more convenient; please specify this when you call.
We also offer drop-in sessions specifically tailored to offer advice and support around study skills. These drop-in sessions are aimed at students who are accessing study skills support or suspect that they have a disability which impacts on their ability to study. The sessions are run by a specialist tutor and are available as 30 minute slots, which are bookable the day before and on the day, or can be attended by simply turning up.
What can specialist study skills drop-in sessions be used for?
- To offer immediate support on a range of study related issues
- Help with time management and prioritising work
- To review study needs and signpost to other support available in Wellbeing Services as well as the wider University
- To offer a brief overview of the impact of your disability on study
How to attend
Over the summer, Study Skills drop-in sessions run from 13:30 - 14:30 on Tuesdays in the Forum.
- Bookable the day before and on the day by calling 01392 723880. Please sign in at the SID desk in order to be seen.