View more images of Lafrowda on Flickr.
Lafrowda Bridestowe House
St German's Road
Exeter EX4 6TJ
Lafrowda key facts
Lafrowda has been redeveloped by our partners University Partnership Programme (UPP) and provides single standard, en-suite and studio accommodation. It is close to Cornwall House with its social activities and open air swimming pool, central campus is just moments away and the city centre a 15 minute walk or short cycle ride away.
Please be aware that essential repairs and improvement works are scheduled to take place on a number of blocks located at Lafrowda (en-suite and studio blocks only). Full details of the works taking place, including the schedule and maps highlighting the affected blocks, are available on the Essential repairs and improvements webpage.
The standard cluster flats (355 rooms in total) have communal kitchen/dining and bathroom facilities. A sink is provided in each bedroom. Up to 12 residents share three toilets and three showers. These rooms are in blocks E, F, G, H, N, P, Q and R.
The 816 en-suite rooms have a shared kitchen/diner in cluster flats of up to eight. These rooms are in blocks A, B, C, D, J, K, L, MA, MB and S (Caldwell).
Each of the 86 studios have an open-plan living space, workspace, en-suite shower and small kitchenette/diner. These are in block T (Merrivale).
During 2020/21 we will be continuing to build East Park, a new student residence on Streatham Campus. The East Park development is close to Lafrowda blocks C,D,E and F and may cause some disruption. East Park construction work will be taking place Monday to Friday from 08.00 to 18.00, and on Saturdays from 08.00 to 13.00. Please see our East Park development map for more information.
For more information on East Park, please visit the Capital Strategy webpages.
Please note that the only blocks within Lafrowda which have an accessible lift are: A, B, C, D, K and L.
The virtual tour of Birks Grange Village shows an example of studio accommodation in a UPP property.
To see more images of this residence, please view our Flickr gallery.
This residence is managed by UPP.
- Popular residence. Approximately two applications received per room
- Available for undergraduates and postgraduates who live in dedicated blocks in close proximity
- 40 week contract en-suite and standard
- 51 week contract studio (postgraduate)(2020/21 only)
- Five minute walk to centre of Streatham campus
- Studio and en-suite rooms have underbed storage
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms in en-suite and studios*
- Laundry facilities at Bridestowe and Cornwall House
- Close to the Cornwall House Music Practice Rooms
*Once we have allocated all students with special requirements, any remaining adapted rooms will be allocated to the next student requesting accommodation.
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
Standard rooms at Lafrowda are approximately 10.5m2 (4290mm x 2440mm).
En-suite rooms at Lafrowda are approximately 14.7m2 (2756mm x 5316mm).
Studio rooms at Lafrowda are approximately 16.1m2 (2806mm x 5736mm).
These measurements are a guide only. In some residences room sizes vary considerably.
Standard rooms have single beds (6'3" by 3').
En-suite rooms have longer length single beds (6'9" by 3').
Studios have longer length three-quarter double beds (6'9" by 4').
Due to their longer length, standard fitted sheets may not fit these mattresses. We recommend for studios a flat sheet of 7' by 4'6" and for en-suite rooms a flat sheet of 7' by 4'.
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from Glide Student. Please register using the links below:
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite rooms.
- No aerial socket in en-suite and studio rooms; students can use a laptop or desktop to watch TV. Please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV or BBC iPlayer from any device.
Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table, chairs and an ironing board. You will need to bring pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
The quantity of items provided depends on the size of the flat. You will need to provide pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Please see our Cleaning and Kitchen Equipment User Guide for information on how to use the gas and electrical equipment within kitchens and information on cleaning.
Self catered accommodation at the University of Exeter
You're given your own space, but with friends left, right and centre. It's so much fun!