View more images of St German's on Flickr.
St German's Road
Exeter EX4 6TJ
St German's key facts
St German's has 144 single en-suite rooms arranged into flats of six with a shared kitchen and living area. The residence is close to Cornwall House with its social activities and open air swimming pool.
St German’s is the name given to four houses (Chagford, Christow, Lydford and Widecombe). For 2022/23, Christow and Lydford blocks will be designated quiet blocks for undergraduates, while Chagford and Widecombe will be for postgraduate students.
To see more images of this residence, please view our Flickr gallery.
This residence is managed by our partners University Partnership Programme.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates living in close proximity
- 40 week contract for undergraduates
- 44 week contract for postgraduates
- Seven minute walk to centre of Streatham campus
- No aerial sockets provided; students can use a laptop or desktop to watch TV
- Laundry facilities available nearby in Cornwall House
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms*
- Close to the Cornwall House Music Practice Rooms
*Once we have allocated all students with special requirements, any remaining adapted rooms will be allocated to the next student requesting accommodation.
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
Rooms in St German's are approximately 14.3m2 (2590mm x 5520mm).
These measurements are a guide only. In some residences room sizes vary considerably.
Rooms in Chagford, Christow, Lydford have double beds (6'3" by 4'6"). Rooms in Widecombe have single beds (6'3" by 3').
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from Glide Student. Please register using the links below:
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite rooms.
- No aerial socket in en-suite and studio rooms; students can use a laptop or desktop to watch TV. Please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV or BBC iPlayer from any device.
Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table, chairs and an ironing board. You will need to bring pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
The quantity of items provided depends on the size of the flat. You will need to provide pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Self catered accommodation at the University of Exeter
St German's is nice and quiet for the most part which is fantastic and very conducive to studying, particularly with only six people to a flat. However it's still sociable - people are very friendly and tend to make the effort to come to your flat. The facilities are also lovely and staff are always on hand if on the rare occasion anything does need fixing.
St German's resident